Payday loans are timely sources of fast cash to meet emergency needs. More often than not, when faced with unexpected cash needs, such as sudden medical treatments, the car brakes down, major house repairs, or even piles of overdue household bills it is comforting to know there is a resource to meet these stressful situations.
Payday loans provide the most convenient means of getting fast cash. Most of the lenders are available online so you can apply anytime and anywhere. The qualifications and requirements are also easy to comply with. You must be at least 18 years of age, have a stable source of income and have an active checking account. Although some lenders ask for additional information, most online lenders do not require faxing of documents or conduct credit checks. Most of all, even with bad credit or poor credit scores you can still apply for payday loans.
However, most payday loans have high interest rates and short loan terms. This is the reason why payment defaults occur. Also, some lenders charge usurious rates and fees that put borrowers into the cycle of debt. It is therefore necessary that consumers be vigilant so that those lenders don’t take advantage of their emergency cash needs.
Here are some smart tips in dealing with your instant cash loan responsibly:
1. In the initial stage of the application, show your lender at least two of your most recent pay stubs. Tell them honestly all your employment information, such as the name of your employer, the phone number and the name of your supervisor. Be sure to work with legitimate lenders to avoid being harassed at work if something happens with your loan.
2. One common but smart tip, avoid borrowing more than your net income. This is the common mistake of many and they end up being trapped in the cycle of payday loan debts.
3. Make sure that you strictly follow your payment schedule. Do not be too early or too late. Usually, lenders charge late payments, and surprisingly, even prepayments on the loan. It is therefore necessary to be sure to read the fine print of your loan agreement.
4. Allocate your payday loan according to need and importance. Since these loans are associated with high fees, it is only practical that you allocate the loan for something valuable. If your cash need can be dealt with by saving, do not opt for an instant cash loan. But if you need to have fast cash immediately to prevent further wreckage of finances, go and get an instant cash loan.
5. Research for reputable lenders who offer the lowest interest rates possible. Be sure you’re not paying for more than you need to.
6. Review all fees involved in the instant cash loan. Read and understand all the underwriting of your loan agreement. Inquire with your lender about any details that you find hard to understand. Be sure to get a satisfied answer.
7. Most of all, work with legal and registered payday loan lenders. Know the state laws and regulations regarding loan lending. This is important to keep yourself protected against abusive lenders and their fraudulent activities.